sábado, 2 de marzo de 2024

Arriving in Bangkok and Luang Prabang (Laos): A Few Anecdotes

A few photos of having just arrived in Luang Prabang via Bangkok, 27 hours on land and in air...involving a mix of episodes and stories and since my memory isn't up to the mark any more, I'll jot things down in a Blog (lol does the world need another travel blog!!!??...lol It's unlikely they do, but I feel one creeping up on me!)








An 80 year old lady I meet on shuttle bus taking us to hotel in Bangkok gifted me a 'post- bite pen' (she doesn't believe in layering poisonous mosquito-repellent Deet on herself - never has, never will, 20 years in S.E. Asia with only Boots Pharmacy 'Post Bite Pens.' She's willing to take the bites then zap them! Yay!



Carlos Santana Musician story on flight where he says he speaks to god before each performance and says: ''God, I know you're there, keep me in time and keep me in tune' Then everything becomes another dimension.''



I see a sign in a Wat (Temple grounds) 'We have not gone beyond decay...' At same time, young boy monks come running out with blue watering cans, laughing and drumming on empty cans and then begin filling watering cans, making music as they go off to start watering...lol )








Memory...is the diary that we all carry about with us. (Oscar Wilde). 

More photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/2tXrZqeDp9o3Ctxf7
💛

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Wats, Signs, Mums and Babies and The Unexpected

I returned to the same Wat yesterday where I'd previously seen the sign: 'We have not gone beyond decay.' In the last 36 hours o...